Whit went to the dentist yesterday for some work on a tooth ache and we saw some seals while he was rowing me out to Garnish island.
We had a wonderful time in Parma Italy. Was a quick stop on the way to Slovenia. Wonderful people, food and country. Worth going back to.
We took the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin.
We have enjoyed the Beara Penninsula.
Today we spent time in the Glengarriffhttp://glengarriff.ie/ nature reserve and then the afternoon in Gleninchaquin Park. http://gleninchaquinpark.com/
We did some math and realized we needed to get out of Schengen https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area?wprov=sfti1
In order to come back in time for Christmas and what not.
So far the Emerald Isle has been pretty beautiful. We lucked out and got a really nice location for an air B and B. We can see harbor seals swim in the bay from time to time! More to come!
Here is our view for the next few weeks! We live a very wonderful life!
Hi Friends! It has been a while since our last post.
We are now in Slovenia and are settled in our nice country cottage, nick named the Apple Tree Cottage.
10 Things to do when staying in an Air B and B:
- Video the place when you get there, pictures work too
- Take pictures of dishes, glasses, to get a count etc
- Anything that is already broken
- Ask for specific directions on washer and drier, appliances.
- Driers in Slovenia have condensers for the water not vents, who knew!
- Ask for directions before you get there for how to use the door lock
- “Lift up on the handle and then use the key”, who knew!
- They don’t actually want you to use the wood fired oven, even though they promote it on the listing…
- Internet Access doesn’t always mean internet access, sometimes it just means they have a router and you must do the rest to set it up.
- Bring your own knives
- Bring your own food storage, Tupperware…
- Sometimes sofa cushions are called sofa beds
- Ask for a discount ahead of time, weekly and monthly discounts are significant
- All communication should go through the Air B and B app, this way if there is a dispute, Air B and B can see the progression.
Paris is so charming. We had a whirlwind tour.
Food, Food, Food!! Louvre, Catacombs, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame:
Sarah Fell in Love with Italy!
Parma Cheese, except nothing less than the DOP Parma!
Balsamic: Anything less than 12 yrs isn’t Balsamic… don’t be fooled…
Pasta, Pasta, Pasta, Whit was in heaven.
Warm people. Very clean, hospitable and we can’t wait to get back.
Sarah said she felt like she could half understand what people were saying!
- Wood, have lots of it! Use it to heat your house as needed, but definitely pile it up neatly and in good order.
- Mow lawn, as frequently as your neighbor mows their lawn. Preferably right before your neighbor mows.
- Vegetable Garden: as big and well kept as your neighbors.
- Flowers: in the garden and around the house, well kept and colorful
- Have a wine yard, not quite a vineyard, but some vines for making home vino
- If you don’t have #1-5, have a job that pays for 1-5
- Conserve: fuel, water, everything
- Sort your garbage: paper, plastic rubbish, compost
- Skip shower a few times per week, have a beer or wine instead of showering.
- Have a hay rack or at least a picture of one, Kozolec
pictures to come….