We just finished a month in Toledo, Spain. Traveling with kids is wonderful and challenging. We didn’t try to cover the entire country but what we did cover, we think is worth sharing,
Here is our scoop….
We took 2 quick trips; one to Grenada and one to Barcelona, and a day trip to Valencia to get a taste for some of Spain’s offerings.
Here’s a roundup of what we did:
- Grenada – we visited the Alhambraand then… spent some time at the beach
- Cathedral in Toledo
- Greco Museum in Toledo
- The Prado in Madrid see how we attempted to teach our kids something about art on our visit HERE.
- Valencia Spain has an incredible aquarium that our boys loved! We were there in November and it wasn’t crowded at all.
- In Barcelona we learned about Dali and Gaudi. La Segrada Familia was incredible and we would go back in a heartbeat. The Dali Museum did not disappoint, but please know that this is not directly in Barcelona. It is about an hour and a half or so away. All in, we loved Barcelona and wished we could have spent more time there.
- Zoo in Madrid was a hit and in November there wasn’t much of a crowd at all.
All in, we loved Spain and will miss it, but alas….all roads lead to Rome. So next up on our journey is the Eternal City!