So I get pulled over between Granada and Toledo for not using my signal to change lanes! Ok, I get it, revenue generation at its finest. I have a rental car and I am wearing my Iowa Cubs hat, prime target. Well… when they tell me I have to pay €100 on the spot, my radar goes up.
1. ask if they take a credit cards..well, there machine doesn’t work…feels fishy..
2. I start to negotiate. They insist on payment and offer to drive me to an ATM.
3. I start to make a game of it, ask them to put their sirens on and lights as they escort me to the ATM, they have guns by the way, so €100 is not worth a fight.
4. I make a production out of it and start taking pictures
5. I have my kids sit on the motorcycle
6. I get the town people involved.
7.I take pictures of the atm receipt
8. Pictures of license plates etc
9. Badge numbers, etc
10. We ask the police in the next town if this is normal practice or the law, it is when you don’t live in Spain.. much a do about a blinker…