Hi Friends! It has been a while since our last post.
We are now in Slovenia and are settled in our nice country cottage, nick named the Apple Tree Cottage.
10 Things to do when staying in an Air B and B:
- Video the place when you get there, pictures work too
- Take pictures of dishes, glasses, to get a count etc
- Anything that is already broken
- Ask for specific directions on washer and drier, appliances.
- Driers in Slovenia have condensers for the water not vents, who knew!
- Ask for directions before you get there for how to use the door lock
- “Lift up on the handle and then use the key”, who knew!
- They don’t actually want you to use the wood fired oven, even though they promote it on the listing…
- Internet Access doesn’t always mean internet access, sometimes it just means they have a router and you must do the rest to set it up.
- Bring your own knives
- Bring your own food storage, Tupperware…
- Sometimes sofa cushions are called sofa beds
- Ask for a discount ahead of time, weekly and monthly discounts are significant
- All communication should go through the Air B and B app, this way if there is a dispute, Air B and B can see the progression.
Paris is so charming. We had a whirlwind tour.
Food, Food, Food!! Louvre, Catacombs, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame:
Sarah Fell in Love with Italy!
Parma Cheese, except nothing less than the DOP Parma!
Balsamic: Anything less than 12 yrs isn’t Balsamic… don’t be fooled…
Pasta, Pasta, Pasta, Whit was in heaven.
Warm people. Very clean, hospitable and we can’t wait to get back.
Sarah said she felt like she could half understand what people were saying!